Responsible Energy Action LLC released an opinion poll on eminent domain today. The sample for the survey was derived from the voting age population within the fourteen districts of those NH senators who voted to re-refer HB648, plus Nashua.
The results of this opinion poll are undeniably clear:
- 90% of respondents feel that individual property rights are as important as their Constitutional rights of freedom of speech & freedom of religion
- 72% feel that their property rights are not being protected by the government or the court system that is supposed to protect them
- 83% indicated that private business ventures in New Hampshire should not have access to eminent domain
- 87% correctly identified the Northern Pass project as a private business venture
- 93% disagree with the State using eminent domain for economic development.
Read the full opinion poll here
For further information, contact email@example.com